1st, 8th and 15th November 2023 from 10am – 3pm
This three-day introductory course provides essential knowledge around healing herbs used to boost the immune system. Learn about your bodily systems and which herbal remedies can help you to stay healthy during the colder months.
Topics covered include:
- The history & significance of herbal remedies in natural wellness,
- Understanding Plant Families: Delve into the taxonomy of plants & discover their unique characteristics.
- Ethical Harvesting: Explore sustainable practices for gathering plants in harmony with nature.
- Explore optimal timing & methods for harvesting herbs at their peak potency.
- Discover effective techniques for drying herbs to preserve their medicinal qualities.
- Learn to combine herbs for enhanced effectiveness & holistic wellness.
- Master the art of creating nourishing and therapeutic herbal teas & infusions.
- Discover a range of herbs known for their immune-boosting properties & learn how to incorporate them into daily wellness routines.
- Gain hands-on experience in creating herbal infusions, decoctions & tinctures for supporting a healthy immune system.
- Understand the parts of plants used in herbal medicine & their therapeutic properties.
- Learn guidelines for safe usage & proper dosing of herbal remedies.
HERBAL MEDICINE COURSES AT MERRIMENTS GARDENS
Held against the backdrop of our new Herbalist Garden, set within our RHS Partner Garden, our Herbal Medicine Courses are taught by medicinal herbalist, Julia Behrens, the writer of ‘Lost in Lyme’ and co-author of Neal’s Yard Remedies book ‘Healing Herbs’. These workshop & courses study the principles underlying herbalism as well as providing practical experience in creating herbal infusions, oils & tinctures for use at home.
Our own RHS Accredited tutor, James Pashley, will be teaching alongside Julia. One of only a handful of people in the UK with a BSc in Medicinal Horticulture, James teaches the propagation, growing & harvesting of medicinal herbs in gardens, containers & allotments.
Three-Day Course Cost : £325 including refreshments, lunch & materials (Merriments Members save £50 so pay just £275)
For further information on how to apply, please email: email@example.com