Starts on 28th February on Wednesdays from 9:30am -2:30pm
Immerse yourself in the art & science of natural healing.
Taught by Merriments’ James Pashley and medical herbalist, Julia Behrens, this comprehensive 15-week course teaches the propagation, cultivation & harvesting of medicinal herbs to be grown at home & explores how these herbs can be turned into herbal remedies to support the human body. Providing a holistic understanding of herbal medicine, we enable you to harness the power of plants for wellness, from foundational knowledge to advanced techniques,
Topics to include:
- Introduction to Herbal Medicine – Explore the historical, cultural & contemporary significance of herbal remedies.
- Plant Identification: Learn to identify a diverse range of medicinal herbs based on their botanical characteristics.
- Planting, cultivation & harvesting medicinal plants.
- Understand the diverse therapeutic properties of herbs, from analgesic to adaptogenic.
- Discover herbs in their natural habitat & explore their growth patterns.
- Engage in hands-on activities to create herbal preparations.
- Master the art of creating therapeutic teas & decoctions for various health concerns.
- Learn to formulate herbal ointments & balms for topical applications.
- Learn to prepare alcohol & glycerine-based tinctures for health concerns.
- Analyse real-life scenarios & design herbal protocols for various health conditions.
HERBAL MEDICINE COURSES AT MERRIMENTS GARDENS
Held against the backdrop of our new Herbalist Garden, set within our RHS Partner Garden, our Herbal Medicine Courses are taught by medicinal herbalist, Julia Behrens, the writer of ‘Lost in Lyme’ and co-author of Neal’s Yard Remedies book ‘Healing Herbs’. These workshop & courses study the principles underlying herbalism as well as providing practical experience in creating herbal infusions, oils & tinctures for use at home.
Our own RHS Accredited tutor, James Pashley, will be teaching alongside Julia. One of only a handful of people in the UK with a BSc in Medicinal Horticulture, James teaches the propagation, growing & harvesting of medicinal herbs in gardens, containers & allotments.
15-Week Course Cost: £995 including refreshments, lunch & materials
For further information on how to apply, please email: email@example.com